I have been campaigning for improved station accessibility at local train stations across Esher and Walton constituency.
I am pleased that South Western Railway and Network Rail have started a programme of station upgrades including:
- New Footbridge with lifts at Walton Station. This received prior planning approval in June 2022.
- Plans to build a footbridge with lifts at Esher Station. South Western Railway and Network Rail will be bidding for further funding under the government’s scheme.
These improvements are being funded by the government’s £390 million ‘Access for All’ Scheme.
I have written to the Transport Secretary in support of South Western Railway’s bid for government funding to build a lift and bridges at Esher Station.
There is still time to fill out my rail survey and have your say on rail improvements across Esher and Walton constituency. I will be meeting with South Western Railway to present the results of this survey and demonstrate local demand for:
- The extension of Zone 6 to Hinchley Wood, Oxshott, Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon, Esher, Hersham, Claygate and Walton Stations;
- Improvements to station infrastructure and accessibility;
- Increased capacity and more carriages on services to prevent overcrowding.
Click the link below to fill out my survey and have your say.